Housing Resources

Tenant Rights Info

SRO Tenant Resource Guide
General resources where tenants can go for help.

311 Email Complaint
Call 311 to complain about anything maintenance related in your building! The call log can be used as evidence in the future. 311 is open 24/7, 365 days a year. Better yet, get it in writing. Email your complaint here and print it out so you have a hard copy.

City of Vancouver Inspection Reports
Ask the City of Vancouver for the inspection reports for your building! You can use this for evidence at the Residential Tenancy Branch if you are requesting compensation for repairs that have not been made.

Residential Tenancy Branch
Tools and Resources.

First United Legal Advocates
Legal assistance, advice, and representation to low-income and vulnerable people in the Downtown Eastside.

Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS)
They provide legal assistance and work to advance the law to address the critical needs of those who are disadvantaged or face discrimination.

Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre (TRAC)
Tenant Survival Guide (Wiki version)
TRAC Letter to Landlord Templates

BC Housing
Tenant Programs and Resources.

Housing Laws

These are some useful pieces of legislation that govern the work we do:
SRA Bylaw
Standards of Maintenance
Residential Tenancy Act

Housing Justice Resources

Social Housing Alliance
Right to Remain Project
San Francisco’s Central City SRO Collaborative
San Francisco Model

Housing Reports

SRO Revitalization Action Plan

Scroll to Top