SRO Tenants meet every Saturday from October-December 2016 from 11:30-1:00pm in the Classroom at the Carnegie Community Centre on 3rd floor. We are sensitive to trauma and attempting to create a safer space for tenants. It is wheelchair accessible and lunch/coffee is provided. We have stopped flyering and postering in the community because our room is full! Spring Session will begin again in March 2017.
Fall/Winter 2016 Topics include:
- Evidence is more important than stories, learn to collect it.
- Write a letter to your landlord
- Get the city to inspect problems
- Take your landlord to housing court (BC Residential Tenancy Branch)
- Responding effectively to landlord backlash
- Class action lawsuits
SRO tenants loved our guest speakers in the spring/summer session, so we are planning to bring back lawyers, policy makers, police and fire department reps who work and are responsible for SROs for this Fall/Winter Session.